Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Texmas!

I like to change my Christmas decorations up a bit each year.  This year it's the Red, White, and Blue theme which made its first appearance in 2001 shortly after the 9/11 attacks in New York.

For 2017 I decided to honor my home state of Texas.  The last few months have been tough ones with Hurricane Harvey flooding my childhood neighborhood in Houston and seeing devastation along the Texas coast. 

A wreath inspired by Pinterest sets the stage.


Tree lights are arranged to reflect the Texas flag complete with a star.


Outside we also have blazing stars....


....and patriotic "candy cane" trees.


I love the way the porch is so welcoming.   Trees flanking the walk are tomato cages wrapped with green garlands.


Lights from inside reflect through the glass.


No Saguaros in Texas but chili lights over barbed wire works with the theme.



A deer skull with red eyes for the mantel this year.  Light strings caught in antlers is something we see from time to time.


Bucks have been seen walking around wearing dangling lights until the antlers drop in spring.


Wire stars, chili lights and shed antlers fill out the scene.


The red "blob" is a lighted chili ristra.


A little Christmas bokeh.


Wishing you the warmth of a Texas Christmas wherever you are!


"There may not be snow in San Antonio, but it's a Texas Christmas to me" (George Strait)

Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. You did your house up right, Shirley! Wrapping tomato cages with garlands and lights is a clever idea I may have to borrow someday. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Kris (perfect name for the holiday!) and I borrowed the idea from Pinterest so borrow away.

      Delete
  2. Very cool and creative! I would say inspirational, but my decorations this year consisted of one of those laser projectors - lazy Christmas decorations! Merry Texmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Shirley! Your home looks festive and inviting, perfect for the holiday. Love the creative use of tomato cages and may have to steal that idea next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tomato cage idea is so simple and there are hundreds of ideas on Pinterest I just had to try this.

      Delete
  4. Hope your holiday was as lovely as your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to make the celebration your own.
    Happy Christmas and a good New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent decorations, and I love the videos, too! Your fireplace is especially beautiful. Merry Christmas, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the skull's eyes glow red. lol Very festive. I like your outdoor decorations too, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To comment simply open the Name/URL option, put in your name or initials and skip the URL.