Friday, April 14, 2017

On the Door for Good Friday

When Peter the Outlaw Gardener went searching for spring at Watson's, a beautiful garden center near Tacoma, I found inspiration in his photos of grapevine basket wreaths on display.   After I spotted this large wreath on the curb at trash day earlier in the week it was time to give the idea try.


Grapevines from my garden are a decorative top layer since I used wire for the basket and to hold the moss in place.


Plants were my only purchase for this project and all will easily transplant to my garden at a later date.  L-R:  Guara Lindheimeri (white flowers just ready to open), Zinna 'Crystal Orange', Oregano 'Jim Best', Basil 'Crimson King', Dichondra 'Silver Ponyfoot', and Zinnia 'Double Fire'.


A happy Easter weekend to all!

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love Shirley! Your wreath is fabulous and looks amazing framing the Texas star in the leaded glass on your front door! Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter and keep going with those inspiration posts.

      Delete
  2. that silver ponyfoot is such a covetable plant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it used in planters all over the world and especially here since it is a native plant to Texas. The green variety grows naturally in my yard.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! I remember admiring that wreath on Peter's site, then promptly forgot about it. Your version is lovely. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. I often forget to do things I see in posts but this one just seemed to come together easily.

      Delete
  4. That's beautiful, Shirley. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! And I love the fact that you picked up the wreath on the curb! Great combo!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect. I have several but they were too small for this project. As you know we have some pretty nice trash in the'hood.

      Delete
  6. Hi Shirley.
    The wreath is beautiful..I'm inspired to create one too.
    Thank you and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Jack, it was fun to give the idea a try.

      Delete
  8. perfect seasonal tribute...Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter, Shirley! Kudos on repurposing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison, it's amazing what gets tossed out around here.

      Delete
  10. Happy belated Easter to you...the wreath is excellent, especially with that door and the stained glass. Nice to see something other than our Zia sign everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. To comment simply open the Name/URL option, put in your name or initials and skip the URL.